What is App Inventor 2?
App Inventor lets you develop applications for Android phones using a web browser and either a connected phone or emulator. The App Inventor servers store your work and help you keep track of your projects.
You build apps by working with:
- The App Inventor Designer where you select the components for your app.
- The App Inventor Blocks Editor where you assemble program blocks that specify how the components should behave. You assemble programs visually, fitting pieces together like pieces of a puzzle.
Your app appears on the phone step-by-step as you add pieces to it, so you can test your work as you build.
When you're done, you can package your app and produce a stand-alone application to install.
How do I get started with App Inventor 2?
Why would I want to make an Android App?
- Shows the world how cool your ideas and code are.
- Looks good on your resume when you apply to work at Google, YouTube, Snapchat and many other companies..
- Provides a useful or fun Android App to the world and helps your karma.
- It may win you a 3 year tuition fee scholarship